Sunday, January 20, 2013

Counting Down to Mayo Visit

In one month I'll be sitting in my Endo's office, finding out how things are going.  Is the ethanol ablation working?  Do I need more?  Watch and wait?  Did my Tg tumor marker go down?  How's my TSH doing? And it's important to not forget why I went to Mayo in the first place...how's the parathyroid hormone doing and what's my blood calcium level?
I'm keeping myself busy between now and then...working full time, providing support for ThyCa on Inspire, starting to provide support for the ThyCa toll-free number, teaching, blogging, etc.  Busy is good.
The only down side right now, aside form the usual hyperthyroid symptoms, is back and leg pain.  Ugh, I hate my sciatic nerves (both sides) and I hate having slipped discs in the back.  I also hate having hyperparathyroidism which adds to the issue of bone loss.  So, I'll see my regular doctor to chat about that and I'll keep up the visits with the Chiro.  She actually did an adjustment that erased the leg pain for a whole day.  That in itself is a miracle!  Tomorrow, at the encouragement of a "Deere" friend, I'm trying therapeutic massage - not in a fly by night spa - but at the local hospital.  The therapist comes recommended by my Chiro and they work together to help with pain relief.  I hope and pray this works!
In the meantime, I wait patiently (OK, not so patiently) for Mayo - blood work Feb 18th, Doc visit Feb 21st.  I hope the roads remain snow free.