Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Oct of 2018 Mayo visit

Mayo update: Doc said "This is your best visit since starting your care here in 2012." Reversed the fatty liver syndrome and dropped cholesterol and lipids significantly. Both due to 12 lb. weight loss on their scale. Cancer marker UNDETECTABLE and zero reactive lymph nodes in my neck (I think that's a first in 22 years). Fasting sugar still high at 112 but A1C is 5.9, so no meds for that.  Best news is the complete reversal of bone loss!! I gained back all bone loss in my spine thanks to Mayo removing the diseased parathyroid in 2016 and I increased bone mass in my hips due to walking more. I get to take half a synthroid on Sundays since I am far too overdosed (TSH 0.05...yikes...no wonder I am always warm). I get a whole year off for cancer scans and 2 years off for bone scans. Yay! He said to lose 8-10 more pounds before next October. I do best when he sets goals for me. :-D