Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Body in Motion Stays in Motion...

Having learned that I'm dealing with Arthritis has somewhat changed my approach to pain relief. I'm now taking Aleve twice daily. I rarely use the Vicodin any more...not that I used it much before. The Rx says I can take it three to four times a day.  I was taking it maybe two to three times a week.  Now it just sits there in the pill drawer, along with the gabapentin (see prior post). I do my physical therapy exercises at least 6 times a week, sometimes more. I've been good about getting to the pool a few times per week. The more I move, the better I feel. The more I sit, the worse it is. So that presents a dilemma. I have two jobs - one serious one and one for fun (teaching). Both require sedentary time. So I'm working on adding movement to those jobs - and it's not easy due to being so computer dependent.
I'm also not using the back brace much at all. I'll use it for travel but otherwise my core strength is adequate to do what the brace was doing, and more.
Overall I'd say the pain has improved by at least 50%.  :-)  That trip to Mayo was so worth it!