Sunday, March 9, 2014

Go Ask Alice...

Jefferson Airplane's song - White Rabbit describes being high on drugs.  Let's just say that my one dosage of 300 mg of gabapentin was a White Rabbit experience.  :-) and :-(
I'm not taking it anymore.  I'd rather feel nerve pain than feel stoned.
The titration schedule was to work my way up to 900 mg three times per day, perhaps higher. Imagine if one 300 mg dosage had me laughing, singing, walking wobbly and slightly slurred speech - what would 900 mg three times a day be like?!?
I slept it off and called Mayo later that morning (I had taken it the night before) and they said to stop and even if they said to continue, I would have stopped.
Now that I know I'm dealing with some arthritis, I'm thinking about anti-inflammatory medication. We'll see.  Movement is also key and I'll be in the pool later today for sure!